This one will consist of less critique, and more squee.
- I love Gwen when she is going apeshit and shooting people. Apeshit Gwen is way more interesting than Caring Gwen. I think I may be developing a crush on her. Before this season, I just wanted her hair. Now I want... other parts, too.
- Ianto's suit survived the bombing of the Hub pretty remarkably. I wonder if that's one of the benefits of fucking Jack-- you may not be immortal yourself, but your clothes suddenly are. (I was watching with Tiffany and her husband again, and I initially made the comment that this may be one of the ways in which Jack is rubbing off on Ianto. Worst choice of words ever, or best choice of words? YOU DECIDE.)
- Speaking of which: I was going to make a snarky comment about how apparently there are some things that even Jack's coat can't survive. But the previews for tomorrow's episode reveal that Jack's coat returns... with a vengeance.
- I'm really interested to see where they go with Ianto's relationship with his sister, and the hints that Ianto was possibly abused by his father.
- Is it just me, or did the footage of Jack's regeneration start in the middle of his body? Captain Jack apparently regenerates cock first. Are we surprised? I didn't think so.
- Tiffany made the comment that it's possible that all the undiscovered parts of Jack's body may have also regenerated, and that perhaps his disembodied dick is wandering the streets of Cardiff even as we speak. If that's not an awesome fanfic plot bunny, I don't know what is.
- Okay, I admit: I totally find John Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd smoking hot. For the hour or so that Torchwood is on, I am pretty much bisexual. (Omnisexual?) And that scene of the hot evil conspiracy lady pouring cement on JB was positively pornographic. Kind of akin to a cheesy 1980s music video, but pornographic nonetheless.
- "Well, that just adds a whole new meaning to 'Jack got hard.'" Worst pun ever, or best pun ever? YOU DECIDE.
- I totally take back everything I said about Lois being dull. She is awesome, and is totally allowed to stay on Torchwood. No, she is not Naoko Mori, but I will manage.
- Torchwood making their getaway in a forklift = BEST CAR CHASE EVER.
- Tiffany and I, on Ianto dumping Jack the Cement Block off a cliff:
Me: Oh, the things we do for love.
Tiffany: Yes, picking your lover up in a forklift and dropping him over the edge of a ravine so he can break into a million pieces? Completely an act of love.
Me: Hey now. Some of us like pain with our pleasure.
Seriously, though. Between this and getting buried alive, Jack will never be into heavy bondage ever again. EVER.
- I think more episodes of Torchwood should end with John Barrowman's naked ass. Just sayin'.